Really, it’s not ‘about us’ at all.
IT WAS ALL ABOUT THAT HUMAN TREE...
Our focus today, is to design and manufacture paper products & packaging that have been re-engineered & re-purposed it into whatever paper can be. Using our material made from 'PlantPulp' instead of wood pulp, is our way of kicking deforestation in the b*lls!
We, & 'I am not paper' exist to create products that allow humans & nature to exist in harmony. We want to reduce use of forest-reliant paper products because they cause deforestation, animal & habitat destruction.
If you want to know the truth, it actually started back in '85 when our founder was cast in the school play, in the best part any kid could hope to get... – Yep, in that play, he was the TREE. Fast forward to 2010 and that same 'nutter' spent over 8 years smashin charred noodles on the floors of mills, farms, & product conversion factories, while taking fast growing plants, reclaimed agricultural bi-product, & any other bits and pieces that would have otherwise been burned up into the atmosphere; & made it into paper.
Except, it isn't paper...
GEEZ LOUSE NO TREES! AND NO PLAS AND ALL THAT JAZ!
Yup! OFC Plastic Free in all our products & any packaging it comes with! 100% Reclaimed, Compostable, Biodegradable & Recyclable!!! Environmentally Friendly & truuuuuly sustainable :)
PS. We don't use bleach, chemicals or any other nasties; & all our tattoos & eyeliners are printed with (P.INKS) plant based inks. Remember - no trees, no habitat, no ocean mess... just happy animals (& us) living in their ecosystems.
PLANTpULP What? and made from what?
'PlantPulp'? We're talking about wheat stems, corn stalks, all types of cane, potato starches, & sustainable fast growing plant alternatives like grass, reed, husks, straw, flax fibre, bagasse, textiles & cordage wastes. Fiber crops & wild plants tamed by woman-kind, such as kenaf, hemp, jute, bamboo & flax. etc. Pretty much all the offs cuts and bits we can save, and repurpose into making 'I am not paper'. Leaving nothing wasted, but re-engineered & re-newed.
That means not even one tree needs to be cut down, animal left homeless or habitat destroyed. Ever! So we’ve created a material that put simply, does good from the start. But what about the end?
all good, CHUCK ME OUT, BUT LOVE ME FOR EVER
We’ve tricked it out too. 'I am not paper' is made from our 'PlantPulp' tech. Beautifully compostable & biodegradable. So... throw 'I am not paper' products out with the food scraps, add some used coffee grounds, grass clippings from Sunday morning, sprinkle some rain and season with only a little bit of time, & it'll be gone before you know it.
Voila! all gone. Happy planet!
Holla at that young blood! Since the day we took it out for a spin, we’ve been designing, manufacturing & distributing products that don’t eat up natural resources (forests) from the 'start of life', & wont harm up our planet (landfill) at the 'end of the day'. Perfect circle for us square heads.
OK. GIVE ME SOME BORING eco STATS. IM TOO LAZY TO GOOGLE
* About 4 billion trees or 35 % of the total trees cut around the world are used in paper industries on every continent.
^ 1 ton of virgin paper (used for paper products) wipes out around 24 trees.
^ 1 ream of paper (500 sheets) uses 6% of a tree (these add up quickly)!
^ So 1 tree only makes 16.67 reams of paper or 8,333.3 sheets. (Start thinking)...
* Deforestation is the permanent destruction of forests in order to make wood & paper products. An estimated 18 million acres (7.3 million hectares) of forest, which is roughly the size of the country of Panama, are lost each year. (FAO)
* Many animals also rely on forests. 80% of the world's land-based species, such as elephants and rhinos, live in forests. Forests also play a critical role in mitigating climate change because they act as a carbon sink— soaking up carbon dioxide.
* Nearly 100,000 acres of forest is cleared per day. ( FYI- 1 acre is approx. 16 tennis courts)
* In the next 25 years, if deforestation continues at this rate, nearly half the world's species of plants and animals will be extinct or severely threatened. Native tribal lands, resources, & culture are being wiped out due to deforestation as well... (lets leave it here)
GREAT, WHAT CAN WE MAKE? AND FOR WHO?
I look like paper, feel like paper, print & act like paper, but... 'I am not paper' & you got why not by now. Most paper products and packaging can be Re-made and for anyone/company/brand that wants to go green literally & help be part of the initiative. We would love to get involved here, so plz reach out!
Product design is more than just making things look good. It’s when Industrial Design and functionality dance to the music of sustainability - Ok a little poetic!
Let's Re-think how products are made. Everything is questioned. Not just making products out of friendlier materials, but how efficient there made, how they fits in transport to reduce fuel consumption, where they collapse for better disposal etc etc, and more.
Apart from manufacturing our products to the strictest environmental standards, all our factories are audited to ensure they are continually abiding by PE’s (Planet Ecologica's) social standards and sustainable development goals (SDGs). Specifically providing for:
SDG #05 * Gender Equality Policies in place against sex discrimination
SDG #08 * Decent Work & Economic Growth Work hours / pay are regulated
SDG #09 * Innovation & Infrastructure Goal of 100% renewable energy by 2030
SDG #12 * Responsible Consumption Production Goal of 100% waste reused by 2030
SDG #13 * Climate Action 100% adherence to our environmental policy
SUPPORTING OUR PLANET HEROES
Not all heroes wear capes and tight pants. Everyday people can become a Planet Hero just by using their superpower - Choice.
* Partners will be thanked & promoted as Planet Heroes in our marketing material & social media;
* Attract new awareness & gain loyalty from by having a ‘green’ point of difference;
* Meet customer expectations that you are ‘doing your bit’ for the environment;
* Show you’re aware and pro-active in taking care for the environment;
* Improve employee morale (especially from the eco-conscious millennials);
* Achieve a planet friendly alternative in every way.
OUR I AM NOT PAPER FOOTPRINT SO FAR
Over the last five years, with the help of YOU guys! & our parters, we’ve produced more than 100,000 tons of 'PlantPulp', 'I am not paper'. This has saved more than 2 million trees from being destroyed. & we gonna do more!!! Stay tuned.
See, it wasn’t all about us.